The following map lists the KISS 2017 venues and hotels. (Please note that this map and the information on this page is tentative and subject to change!)
The Norwegian national currency is the Krone. The exchange rate to US dollars is about 8 kr to $1; to Euros, about 9 kr to 1 €; to United Kingdom pounds, about 10 kr to £ 1.
Getting to/from Oslo from the Lufthavn airport (OSL)
Oslo Lufthavn Airport (Oslo Lufthavn) is the main airport in Oslo.
There are two train services between Oslo Lufthavn and the city center. The NSB is less expensive:
- The NSB (Norwegian State Railway) service takes approximately 23 minutes to reach the city centre from the airport. Please see the website for the full timetable and prices.
- Flytoget Airport Express Train departs every 10-20 minutes and takes under 20 minutes to reach the city centre. Please see the website for the full timetable and prices.
The bus takes longer than the train, but there are two services that will get you between Oslo Lufthavn and Oslo city:
- Flybussen runs between the airport and the city center. Please see the website for the full timetable and prices.
- Flybussekspressen runs between the airport and various different places around Oslo. Please see the website for the full timetable and prices.
The taxi information desk in the arrivals hall can help you book a taxi (this is going to be more expensive than either the train or the bus).
Getting around in Oslo
Public transport is excellent in Oslo, and you can get everywhere you need to go using trams, subways and buses. Taxis are expensive (please note that Uber is banned in Norway), so the tram, metro, and bus are your best options.
The Metro and Tram systems in Oslo are operated by Ruter AS and use the same ticketing and pricing system. Basic information is listed below, and there is more detailed information on their website.
You can purchase tickets at the Ruter’s Customer Service Center (in front of Oslo Central Station), from most 7-Eleven stores, or at ticket machines in metro stations. You can also purchase 24-hour or 7-day passes. The same tickets and passes work on either the tram, bus, or metro and you can make free transfers as long as it is within an hour of purchasing the ticket.
Download the RuterBillett app to be able to purchase tickets via your smart phone.
The metro operates six lines (Lines 1-6), each color-coded. Trains run from approximately 05:00 (06:00 at weekends) to 01:00 the next morning.
Here’s a map of the metro system:
There are six tram services (11, 12, 13, 17, 18 and 19) that operate daily:
- Line 11 – Majorstuen–Homansbyen–Torshov–Storo–Disen–Kjelsås
- Line 12 – Majorstuen–Frogner–Aker Brygge–Jernbanetorget–Torshov–Storo–Disen–Kjelsås
- Line 13 – Bekkestua–Lilleaker–Skøyen–Nationaltheateret–Jernbanetorget–Torshov–Storo–Grefsen
- Line 17 – Rikshospitalet–Ullevål–Stortorvet–Carl Berners Plass–Sinsen–Grefsen
- Line 18 – Rikshospitalet–Ullevål–Stortorvet–Jernbanetorget–Holtet–Ljabru
- Line 19 – Majorstuen–Briskeby–Nationaltheateret–Jernbanetorget–Holtet–Ljabru
Here’s a map of the tram lines:
There are several hotels offering special pricing for KISS 2017 attendees:
Cochs Pensjonat is a 20 minute walk to the music academy along one of Oslo’s most attractive shopping streets. There is also a tram, for those who prefer not to walk.
Cochs is reserving the following rooms for the conference participants:
- Standard: 670 kr. With private bathroom, mini kitchen, fridge and TV.
- Premium: 710 kr. With private bathroom, water boiler, fridge and TV.
- Premium room med shared bathroom: 630 kr. Fridge, water boiler and TV. The bathroom is shared with another room.
- Standard: 880 kr. With private bathroom, mini kitchen, fridge and TV.
- Standard without kitchen: 840 kr. With private bathroom and TV. (No cooking facilities.)
- Premium: 940 kr. With private bathroom, fridge and TV. A few rooms have water boiler and double bed, while others have mini kitchen and separate beds.
For booking, please contact the pension with this reference number: 122518. The offer expires on September 1, 2017.
The Thon group offers conference rates at three hotels.
- Gyldenløve is walking distance to the music academy along one of Oslo’s most attractive shopping streets, and there is also a tram.
- Slottsparken is closer to the city center, adjacent to the park surrounding the royal castle. Transport to the music academy by subway (national theatre station), or a 30 minute walk.
- Astoria is located downtown. Transport by subway.
For booking at the conference rates, please use the special Thon Hotels KISS 2017 registration site. The offer expires at September 19, 2017.
Comfort Hotel Xpress
Comfort Hotel Xpress is located at Youngstorget, close to Grünerløkka, a busy and charming part of Oslo. Transportation to the music academy is via a nearby tram.
Single room: 850 kr. includes free Wi-Fi and access to basement lounge, exercise room and rooftop.
Double room: 900 kr. includes free Wi-Fi and access to basement lounge, exercise room and rooftop.
Choice does not serve breakfast, but a breakfast bar for purchase of simple breakfast items, such as bread, yoghurt, müsli, smoothies, juice and fruits. Breakfast packages can also be ordered.
For booking, please contact Choice Express via email and refer to the group reservation KISS 2017, and reservation number 1104GR003918. The offer expires on September 9, 2017.